WHAT'S AN EMERGENCY?
An emergency is any situation that puts you in immediate danger, including:
- Any life/death situation
- Confusion or change in mental status
- A violent assault
- Suicidal feelings
- An arrest
- Civil unrest, natural disaster in the host country
If you are seriously injured or sick, get immediate medical attention at the closest medical facility and contact the local emergency line.
IMPORTANT RESOURCES AND CONTACTS
- Call local emergency contacts: UCEAP Spain Emergency Line is +34 917717384. Save this number on your phone immediately and keep it handy.
- Contact Chubb-AXA Global Travel Assistance 24/7, 1-855-327-1420 (toll free from US/Canada) or 630-694-9804 (collect call option) or email email@example.com.
- While abroad, all UCEAP participants have coverage through travel Insurance. Your insurance policy number is N04834823. Print your insurance contact card and carry it with you.
- Contact US Citizen Services from the US Embassy in Madrid.
Please, make sure to download a copy of your emergency contact numbers card in your phone a carry the printed version in your wallet in case you need to use it.