1: Get the reference number the person sending you the money has been given.
2: Go to the nearest agency you have chosen with the reference number.
3: You´ll have to fill out a form and show an ID. After that, you will be given the money and a copy of the form.
CURRENCY CHANGE - OFFICE
Money Transfer Agencies (some of them)
Banking in Madrid
Regarding banking options available for international students that offer good conditions, you should check out Santander Bank.
Santander Bank has offices in both Universities, Complutense (Avda. Complutense) and Carlos III (building 15). To set the account is free and it does not have maintainance fees including closing your account after the program.
- Free money transfers online inside Spain
- Free debit card
- It´s free to get money on ATMs
If you are a UC3M student, you will need the following documents to open an account on campus:
- Your passport
- Acceptance letter from the University
- Housing contract
- Bank statements from previous year (if you are not economically independent, you will need to provide the bank statements of your parents)
- 50 euros to open the account with the minimum balance.
The Cost of Living in Madrid
Preparing food at home and not living exactly in the center of Madrid can reduce the cost.
If you want to read a detailed guide about the cost of living in Spain and in Madrid, click here to access CityLife Madrid's guide.