Regarding banking options available for international students that offer good conditions, you should check out Santander Bank.
Santander Bank has offices in both Universities, Complutense (Avda. Complutense) and Carlos III (building 15). To set the account is free and it does not have maintainance fees including closing your account after the program.
If you are a UC3M student, you will need the following documents to open an account on campus:
- Free money transfers online inside Spain
- Free debit card
- It´s free to get money on ATMs
- Acceptance letter from the University
- Bank statements from previous year (if you are not economically independent, you will need to provide the bank statements of your parents)
If you are a UCM student, you will need your passport, a letter from the housing wich will be provided by the housing coordinator or a rent contract, the acceptance letter from the University and 50€ to open your account.
- 50 euros to open the account with the minimum balance.