Homestay.com connects host families with studentslooking for accommodation. We offer a wide selection of rooms for both long and short term accommodation..
The great advantage to living with a Spanish family is getting to better know the customs, food, and language of Spain.
You can choose between:
– A family with full use of the kitchen: the host family lives in the home but allows the student total liberty to cook for themselves.
– A family with half board (breakfast and dinner) or full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner): Families prepare meals and the student cannot use the kitchen.
Your Family in Madrid offers homestay for students with half board. This method is ideal for students and trainees to stay in Madrid for a period ranging from several weeks to several months. Being welcomed into family and cared for in a warm environment is the best way to adapt to the culture and lifestyle in the capital of a new country, leaving you to focus on your studies. Minimum stay - 2 weeks.
Single room, half board - € 220 per week
Double room, half board - € 260 per week per person
Private bathroom (if available) - 40 € per week
Services included (up to 5 months):
– Single or double room (for students travelling together only). You can have a private bathroom with a supplement.
– Bed linen and towels
– Half board (breakfast and dinner with the family)
– Wifi Internet
– Students have a key to the accommodation.
– Laundry: equivalent to a wash-load per week
– Access to the communal areas of the home
– The airport transfer (subject to supplement)
– The student’s personal expenses
– Use of the kitchen (the use of fire and oven is not authorized)
– Ironing (an iron is available for students)
– Hygiene products
If you are planning to study abroad in Madrid the entire academic year, you may want to know about the "Convive" Project:
In Spain, there are more than 8 million people over 65 and 20% of them live alone and feel lonely. The CONVIVE project allows university students to live with an elderly person during the academic year; the seniors in the program are self – reliant, but they prefer to have company at home, and this would be the main purpose of the student. Students in this program won't have to pay rent, but would share tasks and expenses (such as light, gas...) at the home of the older person.
The student participating in this program agrees to share the day to day with the elderly person at the agreed times (a minimum of between 2 and 3 hours a day), and carry out activities such as walking, eating together, chatting, shopping, visiting the doctor, etc.; the student must be at home before 10:30 p.m., except on the weekly day of free disposal. The student has one day off (24 hours) each week to go out, including the night, and can be absent from the home of the elderly person one weekend a month (48 hours approximately) and during the 3 major academic holidays.